Hey everyone! My name is Lisa, and I’m a post production intern at Kirschenbaum Productions. I am a senior at the College of Mount Saint Vincent in Riverdale, and I will be graduating in May! I am a Communication major with a concentration in digital arts and media studies, and I am also a business minor. During my junior year, I interned at WABC-TV at “LIVE! With Kelly,” and it was an amazing experience. I met so many interesting people, got to work with the producers of the show, learned how a live TV studio worked, and met some of my closest friends. But now I am excited to go in a slightly different direction and delve deeper into my interest in post production here at Kirschenbaum Productions! I was born and raised in Westchester County (just north of NYC), but I absolutely love the city and hope to live there soon after graduation.
I have quite a few interests and hobbies, but dancing is the most important to me. Although I am trained in several styles of dance, ballet has always been my main focus. I have been taking ballet since I was just three-years-old, and I have never stopped. It is definitely one of my passions.
Another interest of mine is musical theatre. I was part of the drama club for all four years of high school. I was in 5 productions total, but my favorites were “Cats” (in which I played Victoria the white cat) and “Seussical” (in which I played a bird girl and also choreographed the production). I was also in chorus class and my high school’s a capella group. I have seen dozens of Broadway shows, but Les Miserables has by far been the best, and Next To Normal is a close second.
Music has been a very important aspect of my life because I come from a very musical family. My grandfather is a singer and plays the guitar. He used to be in a band way back when called The Godfathers, and they would play in Italian night clubs all around New York. My great grandfather on my grandma’s side was also an amazing musician, a singer and guitarist as well. I have unfortunately never played an instrument, but I’ve enjoyed singing ever since I could talk.
I have a very wide selection of music from Alternative to R&B to sometimes and in extreme moderation, country. And by extreme moderation, I mean probably like one or two maybe three country songs every few days. My favorite band would have to be the Beatles because let’s be real, they are the basis of almost every band of today. Some other artists I enjoy are Coldplay, Dispatch, Florence + the Machine, Billy Joel, Guster, Jason Mraz, Frank Sinatra, KiD CuDi, Lady GaGa, Mumford & Sons, Passion Pit, and so many others. I could go on forever. I’ve been to only a few concerts, but my two favorites and most memorable were Dispatch and Coldplay.
I wish I had all the time in the world to watch every great TV show ever made, but sadly there’s not enough hours in the day. My current obsession is Homeland, and I am devastated (well not devastated; that’s a little dramatic) that I have to wait until September for season three. Some other shows I watch are How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Suits, True Blood, The Office, and many more. I’ve recently become a fan of Duck Dynasty. If you haven’t watched it, just give it a chance. It’s absolutely hilarious, and the editors of the show are brilliant.
Some random facts about me!
- I have an obsession with Harry Potter. I’ll admit that I cried like a baby when some characters were killed off, and I was very sad when it ended. I’ve read the whole series multiple times.
- I hate the winter. I think it’s because I’m a June baby, but I absolutely hate being cold.
- My family is extremely Italian. AKA we’re loud, we all talk over each other, we eat a lot, we have a million stories that go on forever, we tell each other what to do, we have attitudes, but we’re all very close. My cousins are my best friends.
I got a set of stuffed minions from the movie Despicable Me for Christmas this year. Even after I received a Kindle, money, clothes, and lots of other great stuff, my minions are my favorite gift that I got.
I think I may be addicted to chapstick.
- I hate driving.
- Peanut butter and ice cream are two things I absolutely would not be able to live without.
- I met Mariah Carey at a Chinese restaurant in Westchester when I was about six-years-old. She told me I was adorable.
- Ketchup grosses me out.
- I think Boy Meets World is the greatest TV show of all time. I’ve learned many life lessons from that show.
- I have an older sister named Lauren. She’s three years older than me, but people sometimes think I look older than her.
- I am less than five feet tall. And I’m still taller than my mom.
- I have terrible eye sight.
- Spongebob Squarepants in my opinion is one of the funniest cartoons.
- I’m a little obsessive-compulsive over my nails. They’re almost always painted.
- My feet are ALWAYS cold no matter how many pairs of socks I wear. This is one of the reasons why I hate winter.
- I love dogs, but my mom never let us have one. I plan on getting a puppy the second I have my own place.
Thanks for reading, everyone! I look forward to working with you all. Have a great day!