Greetings and salutations! My name is Ryan and I am a proud Intern here at Kirschenbaum Productions. I’m very grateful to be part of such a dedicated and creative company. I am a recent graduate from Montclair State University with a Bachelors degree in Filmmaking. I consider myself an independent filmmaker, constantly producing new material. My major focus is producing horror and science fiction films. Recently I produced a short horror film called DANGER ZONE that is being considered in multiply film festivals in the New York/New Jersey area, and I just completed the script to my upcoming horror film BLACKOUT.
I have many likes and interests. I love spending time with my family whenever I can. I’ve had the same group of friends since I was in first grade so I consider all of them my family and very grateful to have them in my life. I enjoy camping! Spending a day or two in the woods telling ghost stories around the campfire is one of my favorite things to do. Which leads me to the fact that my house is haunted! I’m from Belleville NJ and Belleville is one of the oldest towns in New Jersey (Once known as Second River). There are a lot of old houses in my town that date back to the 1800s and my house is one of them. Since my parents moved to Belleville in the 1980s, stories of ghost piled up as I grew up there. I have a ton of ghost stories about my house and my grandmother’s house in Newark that will keep you up at night. So if you ever want to go camping and need some good ghost stories, my bags are already packed!
I am actually a big sports fan. My favorite NFL football team is the New York Jets. I try to say out of the facebook wars against Giant and Jet fans, but that never works out. I love hockey! It’s my favorite sport! I’ve been playing hockey since I was a little kid. I play over in Wallington NJ whenever I can. My favorite hockey team is the New York Rangers. Again, I try not to get involved with the facebook wars between New Jersey Devil fans but that too doesn’t end well.
As well as writing and directing I act in films and stage. I played such roles as Benny in RENT, Pippin in PIPPIN, the dentist in LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, Hot Blades Harry in URINETOWN, Judas in GODSPELL, and many more. I am not the greatest singer in the world but I can hold a note and match pitch. I’m not the best dancer but I’m a fast learner; I can make it work. I believe you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I once learned an Indian Dance and shocked a lot of people. That was a very interesting night…
Here are 10 random facts about me:
- My biggest pet peeve is when people drive right behind me, leaving only 2 inches of space between the two cars. I can’t stand that! I go slow on purpose.
- I walked passed Sean Penn in the city one time and the only thing I could say was, “Sup?”
- I’m Irish, Lithuanian, and Polish.
- My father told me that “The Bone Man” lived in my basement. The Bone Man was a scary skeleton that apparently had no place better to go than my cellar. However, I wasn’t too worried about him because The Bone Man was terrified of my dog Tiger, which is why he never left the basement to GET ME. The day my dog Tiger passed away I was the most paranoid child in town.
- I know the entire speech between Greedo and Han Solo in Star Wars Episode 4.
- When I first heard of “concentration camps” I thought they were places where people could sit and read.
- After dating my first girlfriend in high school I’ve never gotten over the habit of saying, “sorry”.
- I listen to any kind of music from System of a Down to Adele to Musicals. I really can’t pick a favorite band, only a favorite band that I have at the moment (which is Incubus right now). I went to a lot of rock concerts when I was younger and even styled my hair into Liberty Spikes. Those were some good times!
- I use to call my older sister Honey when I was a baby.
- Quick Ghost story: I saw a ghost in the back of my Grandmother’s house. She was an old lady who directed me to the front of the house. I had a feeling she was the lady that lived on the second floor, but when I described the lady to my grandmother, my grandmother told me the lady above her was in the hospital for months and did not look like how I described her. If I ever saw a ghost, I think that’s the only time I have.